The pool is available for swimming all year round, but from October to March it is usually over 21degrees C, during the winter is can be chilly!.
The cottage has TV and DVD player in the living room. No TVs in the bedrooms.
Capers barn is a screen-free escape.
Capers Cottage can accommodate pets, but only with the prior consent and discretion of the Management.
Capers Cottage has air con/heating and an open wood-burning fire (April until October - All wood supplied)
Yes Capers is environmentally friendly accommodation. Our water tanks hold 85,000 litres of water with a UV filter to treat the water for drinking. Our waste is reused or recycled. All our cleaning products and our toiletries are all environmentally friendly and our eggs are fresh from our chooks.
Mobile reception for the Telstra network only. No WIFI.
Come to Capers and enjoy some serenity away from technology :)
Yes. We will be happy to arrange a wine tour for you. We will organize a tour, which will pick you up and drop you off at Capers.
To get to Wollombi, a train from Sydney to Maitland, then a bus to Cessnock. We can arrange a pick up in Cessnock or taxi $200 return.
Concert buses pick you up at Capers $25 per head return, there is a need to book at Rover Coaches.
Capers is a 20 minute drive from Cessnock, there is a scenic drive over Mt View which takes an hour to Hunter Valley Gardens.
There are wineries that you can walk to from Capers and we are the closest accommodation to the village of Wollombi... 2min walk.
- All guests must scan COVID-Safe QR code upon check-in.
- All guests must be fully COVID vaccinated and provide proof in the form of MyGov or the MyHealth App. This includes all ages that are eligible for COVID vaccination. Our staff are all fully vaccinated as well!
- We endeavour to abide by regulations to keep you safe whilst also ensuring that you have a good time! Please be aware that fines for individuals as well as businesses apply for non-compliance with the Public Health Order requirements.
- We implore you to stay home if you are feeling unwell, even if seemingly mild symptoms, scratchy nose or cough. Capers will provide a full refund if you cancel in the days prior to your booking. If you arrive displaying flu-like symptoms without a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours you will be asked to leave without refund or credit.
- Capers will hold your booking in credit if you are unable to come due to travel restrictions.
- Masks are required for all customers in all indoor settings except when eating and drinking.